Monday 14 April 2008

Rottnest Island

I spent my final day in Australia (typing this in Singapore) on Rottnest Island. It was amazing. The island is only 30 minutes by ferry from Fremantle, you can still see Perth's great skyline from the East side of the island, but it feels a million miles a way from everything.
There are no cars on Rottnest, so I took my friend's advice (thanks Rosie) and hired a bike. I spent the day riding around the island, stopping at different beaches for a swim. Here are a selection of photo's.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
See biking is the way forward! I'm so happy to get a mention in the blog!
If you want to keep following my advice I would suggest Taman Negara in central Malaysia and the perhentian islands in the North...
Have a good time, nice talking to you the other day. You'll be happy to know I survived Gaz's snoring...

little chief said...

Hey Rosie,
I'm afraid not listening to any of the new advice, sure it's all good but I'm zipping through the country (I'm in Penang now) and into Thailand tomorrow. Got to be in Ko Pha-Ngan!
Good to speak to you too, keep offering advice, occasionally I may accept it,
x