Monday 23 July 2007

My Plans

Well I came to Vegas to see the Hoover Dam and to take a three day camping trip to the Grand Canyon. Unfortuantely the trip was cancelled: not enough people signed up. So instead I'm doing a day trip to the West Rim tomorrow. It's not ideal, as it's quite a distance, but I don't want to be this close and not visit the Grand Canyon at all.
On Thursday I fly to Vancouver, as a compensation I've signed up for a sea kayaking trip. Click here for the details. Yes it looks pretty cool and I'm sure it will be as good as camping in the Canyon, well I hope.
Las Vegas itself is everything you can imagine and a little more. On the Strip hotels are being demolished and new ones spring up constantly. There are many shopping malls, bars and restaurants all trying to out do each other.
Some of the free entertainment is quite spectacular, but some is plain depressing, ie the tigers in the glass cage at the Bellagio.
It takes all sorts, and Vegas certainly has all sorts. It's unusually humid at the moment (it's been trying to rain each morning), so the 100 degree heat feels even hotter. I spent an hour today by the pool but even that was too much. Although I've heard about the flooding in England, so I'll complain no more.


Ummm...deep fried you say?!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Karen.

I can't keep up with your blog at the moment, you have done so much. The pictures look amazing and have given me the travel bug. If only I wasn't with someone who didn't desire to go anywhere further then the corner shop!. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I have been doing odd bits for my new reel, I still haven't finished!.

Take care
Shell xxx

Gayle Scott said...

Hi Karen

A portion each of the deep fried biscuits for Harry and I.

xx

little chief said...

Hey Michelle, ditch Vinster and hit the road, I'm sure he'd follow!

Gayle, I thought someone might be interested.

xx