Monday 2 July 2007

I Stayed in a Crack Den!!

Okay so I have your attention? I found the St Peter's House Hotel to be very warm and welcoming. My room had access to the wrap around balcony, the horse drawn carriage tours would pass by below and I'd hear the guides narration of the French Quarter.
I noticed when I first arrive the toilet tank was slow to fill, I thought I'll mention that in reception later. The following morning the toilet wouldn't flush at all. At breakfast I mentioned this to the receptionist. When I returned to my room the handy man followed me. He lifted the lid on the tank to figure out what was wrong. I left him to it and looked out over the balcony to see New Orleans slowly coming to life.
The handy man quite excitedly called me into the room, I was afraid of what he'd found in the toilet. He was waving a soggy brown bag that he'd found in the tank. He opened the bag for me to peer in, I smiled and gingerly peered into the bag. What I saw looked like coiled copper wiring. The handy man excitedly told me this is what people use to smoke crack.
I imagine this guy wasn't employed for his customer service skills, but I was glad he let me into a bit of gossip.
From now on I will try to avoid staying in crack dens, I'll be checking the toilet tanks.

No comments: