Wednesday 20 June 2007

PC? Never!

I woke up today to rain, but hey at least no work to go to. I decided to buy a rain jacket as I'd clevery decided I didn't need a coat for this trip. I didn't find a coat, but did buy a new laptop (can I say new if it's refurbished?) instead.
The lack of internet cafes (all offer wifi instead) and the ridiculous cost of internet access at my hostel, that meant learning to type faster or forgetting about staying in communicado, meant buying is the best option.
I have a Mac at home, and although I have used a PC at the BBC, I always swore I would never buy a PC, but hey I can't afford the new Macbook, so hear I am with the leading brand name, Averatec... Well at least it has a one year guarantee. I'm no fool...It was strange to buy a computer and then say "no you keep the box" and stuff the laptop into my backpack.
I will now, hopefully be able to keep this site up to date and put some photo's online. Fingers crossed the Averatec doesn't get sick from all those PC virus's out there.
Stu, Lucie, Steve Jobs, please forgive me.

6 comments:

Lucie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucie said...

Spray paint it white. At least from a distance it will look like a real computer.

little chief said...

I'm going one better, I'm buying an apple bag tomorrow. Do you think people will fall for that?
x

Kevin Frostick said...

Welcome to the dark side.

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen we'll forgive you for flirting with the dark side, were no PC haters, we're above all that.

At least your mum will get to use your trusty ibook at home and be richer for the experience.
But when you start to have problems don’t come crying to us.

Here’s a few things you not going to be able to do.( or find difficult)

Make simple ‘back up’s’ of your photos , easier with iPhoto
You could've left us video blogs using the built in insight camera and chatted to everyone for free using ichat !

Oh Karen you could have used itunes to add new music ( the soundtrack to your adventure) to your ipod!!

You might still be able to do that , but it’s a big chore,-extract your music, format the ipod!!

But am sure your thought of that, its not to late you could still take it back !!

There is more but i’ll stop now.

It’ll be good for a few things though.
Remember the first line of defence, throw your laptop at them, it might also be a good shield in a shootout when you reach Texas.

It'll all work fine am sure, right Gaz. Don’t worry we’ll be happy to welcome you back anytime ..

Now stop reading this and go and enjoy yourself. 

Stuart
x

little chief said...

Thanks Stu, I'll remember my "shield" if I can come across any shootouts!
x