Friday 13 April 2007

Santiago

Santiago has me in it´s hold. Other travellers may not like it (the ones I´ve met at least), but to me it´s a wonderful city. It´s autumn here, so the leaves are changing, yet it is still very warm, around 75 degrees. Everything is bathed in a lovely warm light.
There is a real mix of architecture in the city, the downtown area looks like any other Western city, whereas the prettier barrios are filled with odd buildings, brightly coloured on tree lined streets and cafes spilling out onto the street. There are many museums and galleries, but I can´t say that´s why I like it so much. So why am I so taken with Santiago? Well I think in part I was in need of some familiar surroundings after almost three months of travelling, I´m also staying at a really nice hostel where I´ve made a lot of friends. Santiago feels like a very safe city, don´t worry Mum I´m still "on guard", it has a great metro system, but it´s also enjoyable on foot. Another reason I´m very happy here is because of Dado, the hostel´s resident dog. He has his own sofa, with a message asking guests not to feed him as he´s getting fat.
I took some photo´s today but I´m having trouble accessing them from this computer, so for now you can have a look at Dado. He´s getting rather sick of me stroking him, he looks as if to say "oh god it´s her again"....

4 comments:

Garreth said...

J'aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww! Jook at Ickle Dado!!!!!!!!

little chief said...

Ah such a manly response! Dado was at the BBQ last night in the hostel, all the meat was driving him potty. I gave him some bread but he refused to eat it. I'm considering eating meat so he will be my friend.

xx

Anonymous said...

Not half as cute as ickle Ernie, who is doing well by the way!!

little chief said...

Glad to hear Ernie´s doing well, have to ask Rosie what´s with all the sign in changes? Are you suffering from some sort of personality disorder?!