Tuesday 14 August 2007

The Art of Photography

Travelling on my own makes it sometimes difficult to get a photo of myself. After all the most important thing about this trip is having many photo's of myself, in front of famous landmarks.
This brings me to the Golden Gate Bridge, as far as landmarks go, it's impressive.
At the "photo point" by the visitors centre I found crowds of tourists. I took a few photo's of the bridge and then politely approached a woman and asked if she could take my photo for me.
This was the result.



Yes apparently it was too difficult to zoom in, or even stand up for that matter, so there's a lot of fence and a boy.

I decided I'd try the good old self portrait. But it's amazing how something as big as the Golden Gate Bridge can become elusive.



So I tried the other side,



Um, so how about portrait?



Okay so that didn't work. I approached another tourist. I was full of hope again.



Oh yes that's brilliant, I wanted it to look like the Golden Gate Bridge is growing OUT of my head.

I wandered off, found a quiet spot with a flat surface and set up the self-timer option on my camera. It's not brilliant, but there isn't a boy, fence or things protruding from my head so I'm happy(ish).

2 comments:

Lucie said...

All the more reason to hook up in Oz!


L
x

little chief said...

Yes you can be my official photographer!