Wednesday 24 January 2007

Number One Student

Yes the Swiss lady learns faster than I, I won´t reveal the fact she is 60, but rather emphasise the fact she speaks 4 other languages. So now I´m getting private lessons, for 3 hours each morning. It´s great because my teacher Carla, stops to chat and asks me about England, all in Spanish of course. That is how the school works, even a beginner will only ever hear Spanigh from their teacher. But I guess it works as we´ve had some interesting conversations.
I got a taxi this afternoon out to one of the local Malls, to possibly buy a few t-shirts as they are so cheap here. The driver complimented my Spanigh (he was just being nice, its really not that good), he´s been learning English for the past 2 months. But generally speaking no one speaks English.
Anyway I think this is all great`preparation for South America. Carla is going to taylor my classes so I can learn what will be important for my travels. So far so good.

I believe some people are having trouble reading the blog, or maybe logging in to comment? I will change the settings so you can comment without a google id. But right now I can´t figure out how, as blogger has converted to Spanish. But as soon as I can I will do that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

test comment

Kevin Frostick said...

If I was funnier and better prepared, I would write a comment in spanish. But I'm neither of those things so I'll just say; Well done. I'm proud of ya!

joany said...

hi karen hope your ok u seem to be enjoying it so far youll have to improve your spanish to get ahead of the 60yr old some of them are ok you know take care love aunt joan

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, Sounds like everything is going really well, am definately very jealous! I definately don't want to know how wonderful the weather is (as I sit here in cold, frosty Edinburgh dreaming of warm sunny weather)....

Mum said...

Hi karen, it sounds really good enjoy your weekend away, take care lots of love mum and dad.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi es hija Amie del decano. ¿Cómo es usted? Tengo gusto del dormitorio rosado que es muy agradable.