Sunday 14 January 2007

The countdown

I depart Heathrow at 7.30am on Wednesday 17th and should arrive in San Jose, around 11.30pm GMT, 4.30pm local time. I will be spending the first four nights at this hostel , until I can move in with my host family (the Dominguez') on Sunday.
Spanish lessons will begin on Monday (22/01) and last for three weeks. Right now I feel pretty excited and not too nervous. I've been planning this trip for quite sometime and I'm ready to get going.
It's hard to imagine in a few days I will be doing the things I've been planning and
dreaming of for a long time. As the time here in the UK draws to a close, I find it really difficult to imagine my life over the next 18 months or so. I think it's good to enter a certain amount of spontaneity into life, but it is also frightening.
All I can do now is wait...

5 comments:

britoutofwater said...

I was just looking through my blog the other day and followed the link to yours and wondered where all the posts have gone. I see that actually you've just started afresh though. How exciting! You must be fit to burst.

Let me know when your travels take you in this direction and I'll show you all the wonders of Oklahoma...

Tippers said...

Hi Karen, Good to see you! You do look a bit scary!
I Look forward to hearing about your adventures.
We are moving OBs in the next week or two so we will be having a couple of adventures of our own!
Good luck and keep safe. Luv Mark Tiplady.

athina said...

Hey! Great great great!! (says the greek)

I wish you all the luck on your start of the journey and all the best on the rest of it! I am so jealous I'll need a cold shower after I write this ! Haven't seen you in such a long time, it was lovely to see your face on the video. I love the haircut and I think you look very skinny, have you lost tons of weight? I hope I'll remember to check your blog regularly but do send an occasional reminder yourself too, just in case.

I don't think there's much more to say here, ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!

All the love my dear, Athina.

little chief said...

Thanks Guys,

Pennie - Oklahoma is a must, hopefully I'll be there around mid or late July. Find me an inmate rodeo! I'll drop you an email.

Athina - I thought a camera makes you gain 10lbs? I think in my case I just look a little weird and embarrassed (not a good luck), maybe that makes me look thinner I'm not sure. Thanks for stopping by.

Garreth said...

Finally she's gone! I can't believe it!!!!!

Have a cooooooooooool time in the jungle Karen! If your travels take you to East London look me up!