Wednesday 17 January 2007

First Impressions through the fog of sleep deprivation

Well I made it, I'm writing this from a hostel in San Jose. The journey was long (about 20 hours in total) with little sleep the night before, so if I loose the plot you know why.
I was met at San Jose airport by a driver from the hostel, he was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately my arrival coincided with rush hour, so by the time we made it to the hostel it was dark, but all the lights of San Jose look really pretty.

Okay so I wrote that last night and gave up because I was so tired. I felt very tired and a little skittish. A cat past me in the social area of the hostel and I jumped out of my skin. So I decided it was best to go to bed and stop trying to fight it. Although it take an unreasonably long time to climb into my top bunk.
I'm sharing an 8 bed dorm with an English and American girl, I have no idea why I decided to take a top bunk.
I'm going to spend today getting my bearings. I would like to do a day trip around San Jose before I move in with the local family on Sunday.
Right now it still hasn't sunk in, that I'm in Central America, I think it's time to explore.
p.s thanks for all the comments and emails.

2 comments:

Gayle Scott said...

hello karen, this is the second message, the first was really good but i hadn't logged on and its been cleared. with mum in the dining room, harry and emily have lost interest and are upstairs. Glad you have arrived safely. Mum will try and email you later at home. Dads just phoned and said you are able to phone so will keep it short. love you gayle xxx

John Sam Jones said...

Good to know you've arrived in Central America.. Have a hell of a time! Life's too short and the world's a big place. ENJOY.
js