Wednesday 7 May 2008

Ko Pha-Ngan, Phuket and Ko Phi Phi

I travelled up from Malaysia into Thailand, to Ko Pha-Ngan in time for Full Moon Party. It's a really beautiful island, but very much geared towards tourists. I met up with Sian and another English girl she'd met, Aretha. I had a day or two relaxing at what was a really nice resort.

You get a lot for your Baht!

In the tuk-tuk on the way to the Full Moon Party


I then travelled from Ko Pha-Ngan back to the mainland and across the country to Phuket. I met Naheed, another English girl on the journey and we ended up spending the next few days together.

Naheed and I in a tuk-tuk on the way to the Butterfly Sanctuary


Maya Bay, this is where they filmed "The Beach", it was very crowded and not the most beautiful place I've visited, but I did enjoy the snokelling.

2 comments:

athina said...

Tell that cute guy with the beer in hand (second photo) that I say hello. How old is he, sixteen?

Keep enjoying yourself me dear, I keep thinking "oh, I should write Karen a long e-mail" and then forget about it.

hugs!

little chief said...

He's actually 18, but his friend is 17, made me feel very old!