Monday 19 March 2007

On the move...again

When I first arrived in Cusco, the place I wanted to stay at was fully booked, so they sent me to another hostel. At first Hostel Loki seemed fine, a huge colonial building with amazing views and plenty on offer. But then it all changed and I blame the Irish.
Yes St Patricks day was celebrated at Loki as if it were the second coming. People began to arrive in droves just to celebrate in Cusco. The hostel became really full and very noisy. Normally I expect in a dorm room it´s not exactly going to be quiet but this was ridiculous. One girl (English unfortunately) came in so drunk one night she peed on the floor! When a group of 5 men arrived in the dorm all with guitars, I decided it was time to move out. I can´t imagine what the place was like on Saturday or if it still stands.
I moved to a small hotel and found a private room with en-suite for just a few dollars more. It was certainly quiet only about 8 rooms in the entire building, but God was it cold! I don´t understand why most hotels don´t have heating, it´s not as if the freezing temperatures at night take them by surprise! All the staff wore hats and scarfs, inside the hotel!
So this morning I moved to a really exclusive hotel, it´s actually part of the Inca package I booked back in the UK. I got my dates confused (no not the first time) and thought I was meant to check in today and start the 4 day hike tomorrow. But in fact I start the Inca Trail on Wednesday. I decided to pay for the extra night and stay somewhere warm, before I have to sleep out in a tent for 3 nights. Do you think the tents will have central heating?



This is the central terrace of my current residence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never have guessed that she'd be English!!!

Looking forward to hearing about the Inca trail...

who, oh who, could no.3 be?!!?!?

little chief said...

Ah, you must be from Holland, as everyone knows all the Dutch have are clogs, windmills and some little team I believe called PSV?