Friday 9 February 2007

Last Day at School

I have to admit I feel a little sad to leave COSI. I´ve made some great friends and have really enjoyed my time learning Spanish. I feel I have a good foundation in the language and hopefully won´t be too stressed travelling around South America.
I´m glad I opted to stay with a family, I feel it has improved my understanding of Spanish. Everyday at breakfast Marta converses with me, whether I have a blank expression or not.
Costa Ricans are genuinely welcoming and a little intrigued by other cultures. It´s a good thing, as they have a beautiful country and plenty of tourists.
I´m staying at the same hostel this weekend as when I first arrived in San Jose. I intend to take it easy and pick up a few provisions for the trip to Limon. My work at the turtle reservation begins on Monday. You can check it out here.

No comments: