Friday 4 January 2008

Wine Tasting in the Hunter Valley

The Hunter Valley, lies two hours by car from Sydney, it is one of Australia's lesser known wine making areas. It's wineries are less pretentious than those of the Barossa Valley. The YHA offers a tour of four vineyards, cheese tasting and in the evening a stone baked pizza. What more could you want? The tour suited me perfectly as I know very little about wine and haven't tasted much either.
It was also nice to get out of Sydney for a few days and back into the countryside. I feel I've posted a lot after a long absence, so I'll leave it at that for now. Tomorrow I head to the Blue Mountains and then on up the East Coast. I'm looking forward to travelling again and experiencing new places. I'm travelling in a group and we are hoping to camp out much of the time. I think it will be a different experience and one I'm really looking forward to.


Me, Sian and Jacinta.


Me, Jacinta, Kerry and Sian having breakfast in Cessnock


Pizza at the Hunter Valley YHA


A little sampling

No comments: