Tuesday 1 January 2008

Photographs of Ballarat's Sovereign Hill and Phillip Island


An Australian Lake...

While in Melbourne I had the opportunity to visit Trevor, who I originally met kayaking on Vancouver Island. Trevor was kind enough to show me Ballarat's Sovereign Hill, a re-creation of a Gold Mining Town. We also visited Phillip Island, this is famous for the arrival each evening of thousands of penguins. Flash photography frightens the penguins, so no cameras are allowed. So no photo's I'm afraid. However take a look at the Koala's we spotted at the conservation centre.



It actually took me longer...

Redcoats keeping order.

Me with a giant portion of fish and chips.

Trevor tries bowling.

3 comments:

athina said...

Hey girl, how is it going?

(when you've got a blog online telling people exactly how it's going, could a question be more stupid??)

Happy new year, I wish that, for you (as well as all the rest of us of course), this one is going to be an even better than the previous one, which means even MORE fun and even GREATER places to visit and things to see! (Now, is that possible???)

I hadn't checked your posts in a while and I've lost track a bit but I think I'm easily catching up: you're still in Australia and everything is still great, innit. Ok, not much else to say, things are pretty much the same here, my resolution for the new year is to NOT get too stressed over work and here I am, on January 2, still ill (very bad cold that has lasted for days), all stressed about work. Someone please shoot me!

All the love my dear, give some of to Lucie if she's still near where you are and keep inspiring all of us with this hilarious blog.

Hugs from sunny (although we've thankfully had a real winter and snow on the mountains this year) Crete and all the rest of the best of wishes!

Athina.

little chief said...

Hey Happy New Year Athina, always good to know someone is following my exploits.

I hope you aren't too stressed. What are you working on these days? Really it snows in Crete? You have completely destroyed all my misconceptions about Greece!
x

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike