Friday 7 September 2007

Flaming Peacocks!!

For my last day in Hawaii (my flight to Fiji is later tonight) Markus and I decided to visit the Temple of the Valley. It's a replica Japanese temple just outside Honolulu. For some reason everything "just outside Honolulu" takes at least one and a half hours to get to by public transport. It actually took us three buses and over two hours.
Thankfully the temple was well worth the journey. We managed to arrive between tour buses and had the place pretty much to ourselves.

Temple of the Valley

Inside the Temple

Ringing the bell for luck.

We took off our shoes and wandered inside to look at the giant Buddha. The grounds are really beautiful too, with ponds filled with Koi, quaint bridges and Peacocks. I've never seen wild Peacocks before and was a little frightened of them. On leaving the ladies room, I found I was being followed by three of the damn things. I decided to "jog" away, but ran into at least another five, that were surrounded by tourists all trying to take the perfect photo. I think I ruined quite a few photographs, but managed to get away from the Peacocks, they were definitely trying to follow me, honest.

Peacocks!

No comments: