Wednesday 2 May 2007

Iguasu Falls


The amazing Iguasu Falls, from the Brazilian side.

Wow! I had been told by many people how beautiful the falls are, often the experience doesn't meet the hype. This time was different. I've spent two days at the Falls, first on the Argentinian side and then onto the Brazilian side. The sheer power of the water (some 8000 cubic Cm's per second) and the vastness of the place is awe inspiring. Thankfully I had good company (thanks Lana and Gaby) to share the experience with and take a ridiculous number of photo's. Helen and Richard you have chosen a great holiday destination.


Thanks for this one Lana, I look moody and intelligent don't you think?!


So many rainbows


Lana and I on the Argentinian side of the Falls

I'm staying at a HI Hostel, the staff are unfriendly, but I have met some nice people and it has a great pool and outdoor area. Of course I will always think of it as the place where I watched Liverpool knock Chelsea out of Europe, AGAIN!


Lana, Gaby and I

I'm taking a flight to Rio tomorrow, I'm done with 20 hour bus rides, even if I'm asked to join a game of Bingo, yes this actually happened in Argentina...
I plan to spend the weekend in Rio (how cool does that sound?), I'm branching out culturally and I'm going to see a football match at the Maracana. Okay I will hopefully see more than football in Rio. I plan to spend the following week on Ilha Grande an island in Rio State, relaxing and sunbathing. I often think, "can't wait to get to a beach", but after 30 minutes I'm often bored. So I've chosen an island with plenty of hikes and activities.


Me and my pet butterfly


88 Butterfly. There are so many around the Falls, they land on you all the time.

2 comments:

britoutofwater said...

It looks so beautiful, I'm incredibly jealous.

I must drag myself to Brazil one of these days while I still have family there and can remember enough Portuguese to get by!

little chief said...

Oh yeah you should, I've been told by other travellers I can get by with my Spanish. But I may pick up a phrase book.
How is your hip?

x