Monday 22 October 2007

The Bottom Bus - Part II

Kim collected me from my hostel in Invercargill. He informed me I would have four fellow passengers today. The four had been over to Stewart Island. Rather than sit up front with Kim, I climbed into the back. Kim used his mic, it suddenly became very official!
Unfortunately the four passengers where all really young lads, who seemed to like nothing better than to complain. As soon as we made a stop Kim whispered to me, "if you want to sit up front with me, I'll make some space." So that is exactly what I did.
We drove a large part along the coast from Invercargill towards Te Anau, the night's stop. From Te Anau I was signed up for the trip to Milford Sound.
Our first stop of the day was at the fishing town of Riverton. Normally we would have made some jewellry, but the guy who runs the workshop was away. So instead we had a wander around and then Kim showed us his favourite surf spots along the coast.
We stopped further along the coast at McCracken's Rest. Given the name, hordes of Kiwi Experience passengers normally line up to "pose" on the sign. But the boys were very shy and I had on the wrong type of trousers to pull a mooney (always a good excuse), so Kim kindly posed for me. I told him not to worry, it's not like I'd post the photo on my blog or anything....

Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That new haircut that you have got, really makes a difference. Didn't recognise you sitting on the sign hehehehehe.

Trevor